- PMP®Exam Content Outline Reflects Diverse Skills and Approaches to Project Management
PMP® Exam will change in December 2019
Project management practitioners need more diverse skills and approaches to deliver outcomes and value to their organizations more than ever before. Our future-proof PMP®exam has arrived, with content to ensure our credential remains relevant to project management practitioners’ ways of working. Expect to see the following:
- ·More approaches to delivering outcomes. The exam will cover both predictive (~50%) and agile/hybrid (~50%) approaches to project management.
- ·Domains aligned to real-life practices. The number of domains will be reduced from five to three, which include People, Process, and Business Environment. Specific project management approaches will not be aligned to individual domains but will be incorporated throughout the exam.
PMI recognizes the need to support chapters in transforming their content to prepare candidates to succeed on this new exam, beginning with a revised Exam Content Outline (ECO). We are committed to sharing ongoing updates and additional information to support you in this journey, including new resources to help align existing content around the new exam, and identify gaps in content development.
- Exciting Updates for Existing and Prospective CAPMs
Our CAPM®will also see changes to better serve our customers on their career journeys. The changes, scheduled to go live inAugust of 2019, are designed to streamline the application process and create a powerful path from the CAPM to the PMP by allowing the CAPM to fulfill an existing education requirement. Learn more about the changes located in the Chapter & R.E.P. Update Center.
- PMI Delivers on Promise with Standards and Body of Knowledge Updates
Leveraging a collaborative approach with our stakeholders, PMI will be adapting both The Standard for Project Management and A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®Guide)– Seventh Edition to include the entire value delivery landscape of project management, recognizing that practitioners can use a broad range of methods and approaches, from traditional to cutting-edge, to deliver outcomes. Learn more about a volunteer opportunity to participate in the Development Committee or Review Team or just stay informed.
We are confident that changes like these will improve the customer experience and ensure that we are providing unparalleled value to our stakeholders over the course of their careers. To stay informed, please bookmark and periodically check the Chapter & R.E.P. Update Center as new information becomes available.