The PMI Educational Foundation Academic Scholarship Program is designed to financially assist qualified individuals who wish to obtain degrees from accredited academic institutions. Qualifying degrees may be in project management and project management related programs.
The 2017 recipient sent the Chapter this nice note after hearing that she received the scholarship.
Click read more to learn more about this annual scholarship that our Chapter offers.
The PMI Eastern Iowa Chapter has sponsored an endowed academic scholarship fund to provide an annual scholarship valued at up to US$1,000 for undergraduate and graduate students.
Application and Notification
To apply for this scholarship, complete the Academic Application for Undergraduates and Graduates. When you complete this application you will be considered for all academic scholarships for which you meet the criteria, so separate applications are not required for individual scholarships. The application opens on January 1 and closes on May 1. All notification of application status will be made to the email address you provide in your scholarship application.
In order to be considered eligible for a scholarship, applicants must be enrolled in or applying for an accredited academic degree program in project management or a related field benefiting from project management, with the following order of priority:
- A child (or a stepchild) of a member of the PMI Eastern Iowa Chapter
- A resident of the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids or Eastern Iowa area attending or planning to attend any accredited college or university
- A resident of Iowa attending or planning to attend any accredited college or university
- An individual attending or planning to attend an accredited degree program at a college or university in the tri-state area (Iowa, Missouri, Illinois) or
- Any individual attending or planning to attend an accredited degree program at any college or university